Academy Award Winning Wedding Looks

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Out of all the award shows this season the Academy Awards that aired this past Sunday is the only one that had enough looks worthy of a blog post! The beautiful ladies really outdid themselves!

Here are some of my favorite looks!!

These looks would be beautiful for a bride who really wants to be traditional with a little flair.

I could see this working beautifully on a older bride or vow renewals! Charlize Theron in Dior Couture



I love this dramatic ballgown with a dropwaist gown. It really accentuates her curves without overpowering her. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture

Honestly I pray that flowy, textured skirts never go out of style! They just scream elegance and beauty to me, all in one! Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta (who has a wedding dress line at David's Bridal, thank me later)

This Queen, Octavia Spencer, looks gorgeous in her simple and heavenly Tadashi Shoji gown. She knows to cinch her waist and accentuate her curves :-)

Now these sparkly, beautiful evening gowns would be gorgeous as a "dancing dress" aka reception gown. What do you think?

Halle being her gorgeous Halle self in Versace. The lines of this gown would look amazing on us curvy women as well! Be daring!!

My favorite thing about this gown is the color. This iridescent sheen photographs beautifully and gold looks amazing on brown and olive skintones! Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive'

Now this was one of my favorite gowns of the evening. I love the assymetrical shoulder cutout and the shimmer is just beautiful. It would be the PERFECT party dress at a gorgeous black tie wedding affair! Naomi Watts in Armani Prive'

I just love this velvet and gold lace look! Salma Hayek looks stunning in Alexander Mcqueen. Some people do not think black has a place at a wedding, but if you are not one of those people this would definitely stun your guests as you re-enter the room!

I just love the sparkles here! Blame the girly girl in me. Lace, beading, sparkle, just sign me up! This would be an amazing party dress as well! Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Skinny said...

Great picks, Memi!!!

San Antonio Wedding Photographer said...

Wow!I really loved reading your blog. It was very well written and simple to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read.

Anonymous said...

thankz for the wedding decorations ideas.

Anonymous said...

Truly awesome and different.

Teatras said...

These are best styles of 2013 year. I would choose Jessica Chastain image in Armani Prive for my wedding ceremony, although I don't know if I would look as perfect as she did:)

Post a Comment