Beautiful BCG Wedding: Lola & Dolamu!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hey Everyone!!

Today I am showing off our beautiful couple Lola and Dolamu!! If I must say so myself, their wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the pink and blue and the lighting is my FAVORITE part! I hope you all enjoy the pictures along with a little bit of advice from our lovely bride!

Names & Ages: Dolamu, 31 and Lola Solanke, 31

How'd You Meet?
We met during the summer of 2001 while my two bff's from London came to NJ on vacation.  During that time we all use to hang out and I always use to think to myself that I hope Dolamu would come out too (smiling while remembering) just so I could see him again.  Towards the end of the summer he asked me for my number and from then we have been together for 8 years.





How'd he propose:
 
Funny Sept 3rd is our 2nd yr anniversary of when he proposed to me.  We were in London on our summer vacation and I still remember it was raining in the city that evening and we were on our way to meet up with our friends to go for a ride on the London eye.  We were so lucky we got our own private capsule that evening, and as we started moving I went and stood by the railing looking out over the river Thames, the Big Ben and the House of Parliment and Dolamu came up behind me talking about how pretty everything looked and that this was the prefect moment and him to ask me....at that point he took my hand and turned me around and he got on one knee and he asked me "Will you marry me" the same time the capsule reached the very top of its rotation :-).  The next day we went to Paris for three days.









What was your favorite part of wedding planning?
The favorite of planning the wedding for me was picking out our invitations because the lady we were working with was so easy to work with it was the least stressful thing to do.





   

What was the most stressful part of wedding planning?
The most stressful part of the planning was doing the seating chart. We were trying to make sure that everyone sat with people they knew and making sure that our parent's friends had a good location in the ballroom.  At the end of the day, it worked out perfectly because all of our guests knew which table they were sitting on when the doors to the ballroom opened up.






Would you change anything if you could go back? If so, what?
We both agreed that if we could change anything at all it would be the weather.  It rained the entire day so we where unable to take pictures at the park we chose.  But our photographer made it happen with the pictures we took at the venue which came out perfect.











What is your most memorable moment from your wedding day?
The most memorable part of our wedding was the dance we both shared with our mothers







Is there any advice you would give planning brides?
I would say plan and get has much done and not leave anything to the last minute. We booked our venue the same year we got engaged and I found my dress the same year; so as the wedding day got closer we did not have anything left to do but relex.  Also, make sure you have a budget you can stick to and be realistic about what you want your wedding day to be like and remember that it is your day and you have the final say on what you want.








Photographer - Dotun of Dotun Photo's Lounge!
Personal Flowers and Decor - BCG Event Decor
Venue - Ariana's Grand Woodbridge, NJ
Cake - Design Cakes
Invitations - Nuage Mulberry

 


Stay Beautiful My Loves,
Memi
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment